As many mussels as needed
How to cook Armenian Fried Mussels
- As many mussels as needed, cleaned
- All purpose flour
- Beaten egg
Teratour (Tartar) Sauce Ingredients:
- Mussels must be large size. Scoop out the inside part, wash and drain well.
- Dip mussels in flour, into the egg and then into the flour again.
- Fry in hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve with teratour (tartar) sauce.
How to cook Teratour (Tartar) Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 slice white bread without crust
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, filberts or almonds, ground very fine
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak the bread lightly in water and squeeze dry.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and with a fork blend to a soft paste.
An Armenian version of this world famous method of cooking mussels. The Armenian Fried Mussels recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This Teratour (Tartar) Sauce can also be used with fried or grilled fish, fried eggplant and other fried or grilled meats and vegetables.
This recipe for Armenian Fried Mussels serves/makes: As many mussels as needed
The Armenian Fried Mussels recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed