2 - 4
How to cook Armenian Ishkhan in Wine
- 2 small whole trouts
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup cherry-plum
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 4 shallots
- 1 pomegranate (flesh and juice)
- 10 black pepper peas
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Clean trouts, not cutting the stomach completely.
- Grease with salt and pepper.
- Mince cherry-plums, pomegranate, shallots and tarragon and fill the fish.
- The rest of the filling can be served as salad.
- Simmer the trouts in wine on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
The Armenian Ishkhan in Wine recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Ishkhan is a national Armenian dish.
This recipe for Armenian Ishkhan in Wine serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Armenian Ishkhan in Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered