4 - 6
How to cook Armenian Red Caviar (Tarama)
- 1/2 cup red caviar (can used carp or cod roe)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices white bread without the crust
- Wet the bread and squeeze it dry.
- Blend everything except oil and lemon juice.
- After the first blending is over add oil and lemon juice (slowly) and continue blending.
- If it is too solid add some warm water to make it viscous.
- It must be like a cream (like yogurt) but with other color.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. When ready to serve, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with a few olives and parsley or celery leaves.
- Serve with potato chips, Pita bread cubes or crackers.
Tarama is a popular no-cook / no-bake Armenian appetizer made with fish roe (red caviar), olive oil and lemon juice. Tarama is usually served with toasted bread and garnished with cured black olives, parsley or celery leaves and a drizzle of olive oil. It is similar to Greek taramosalata.
This recipe for Armenian Red Caviar (Tarama) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Armenian Red Caviar (Tarama) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Appetizer