4 - 6
How to cook Armenian Simmered Whitefish
- 2 pounds whitefish
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch parsley
- 6 to 8 slices white bread without the crust
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cleanse the fish properly and leave in salt for 1-2 hours. When ready, wash it well and boil in plain water, barely covering it, until nearly done.
- Fry the bread slices in butter on both sides, and arrange side by side in a deep, flat pan.
- Take the water in which the fish was boiled and mix it with the beaten eggs and the juice of the lemons.
- Add finely cut parsley, and with one-half of this mixture moisten the fried bread in the pan.
- Over this lay the boiled fish, and pour it over the rest of the mixture.
- Now it is ready to simmer on a very slow fire until well done.
- Serve the Armenian Simmered Whitefish hot.
The Armenian Simmered Whitefish is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Armenian Simmered Whitefish serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Armenian Simmered Whitefish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered