How to cook Asian Crab Lettuce Cups
- 12 ounces cooked crab meat or imitation crab meat
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (preferably short grain Japanese rice)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Asian-style salad dressing, bottled (preferably with ginger and wasabi), or for a lighter version use a low-fat or non-fat dressing
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted nori (seaweed), to garnish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- LETTUCE CUPS: Cut off the bottom third of the lettuce head. Soak lettuce top in ice water for 10 minutes-this will help separate the leaves. Carefully separate the outer lettuce leaves, one at a time, to make the cups. Using scissors, trim each lettuce cup to form circles. A head of iceberg should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups. Save the lettuce core for chopped lettuce salad.
- SALAD: Combine crab meat, cooked rice, cucumber and avocado in a large bowl. Add salad dressing; toss to coat all ingredients. Place lettuce cups on a large plate and fill each with about 1/2 cup of the crab-rice filling. Garnish with pickled ginger (optional), nori (optional) and sesame seeds to serve.
The Asian Crab Lettuce Cups recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Asian Crab Lettuce Cups serves/makes: 4
The Asian Crab Lettuce Cups recipe is adopted from The Sunset - July 2005.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Salad
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian