How to cook Asian Grilled Grouper with Bell Pepper Slaw
- 2 skinless grouper fillets (about 10-12 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
- For Marinade:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For Bell Pepper and Scallion Slaw:
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced very thinly
- 2 scallions, cut into 3” pieces and sliced length-wise, very thinly
- 1/2 small jalapeno, sliced very thinly (or less to taste)
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, sliced length-wise, very thinly
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pinch kosher salt (more to taste)
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the marinade: in a shallow dish, combine all ingredients.
- Add fillets (covering both sides) and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- To prepare the slaw: combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving (the longer it marinates, the spicier it gets).
- To prepare the fish: heat grill to high.
- Place fillets directly on the grill and cover (lid down) about 1 minute.
- Open cover and flip fillets.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes then remove and serve with slaw.
The Asian Grilled Grouper
with Bell Pepper Slaw recipe easy to cook and so good!
Grouper is a hearty fish, so you can do just about anything with it. For this dish, I marinated the thick fillets to infuse some flavor, tossed them on the grill, and topped them with a Red Bell Pepper and Scallion slaw. Fair warning, this slaw has a good amount of heat to it from the jalapeno, garlic and ginger, but you can decide how much to put in, depending on your taste. Because the fish is mild in flavor, the slaw provides a cold, crunchy zing - and it’s pretty, too.
This recipe for Asian Grilled Grouper with Bell Pepper Slaw serves/makes: 4 servings
The Asian Grilled Grouper with Bell Pepper Slaw recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian