How to cook Asian Salmon Burger
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 green onions, including 2 inches of green tops, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cracker meal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable, oil for frying
- 4 slices provolone cheese, optional
- Lettuce leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 4 sesame-seed hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Green Onion and Soy Sauce Mayonnaise, to serve (recipe follows)
Green Onion and Soy Sauce Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse the salmon until coarsely ground, scraping down the sides of the work bowl once or twice. (Be careful. It's easy to go from chopped to a mashed paste in seconds!)
- Transfer the salmon to a medium bowl. Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, cilantro, salt, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Using a rubber spatula, mix to combine. Mix in cracker meal; add eggs. Stir to combine.
- Dividing the salmon mixture evenly, form four 1-inch-thick patties. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before cooking. (The patties can be prepared up to 8 hours ahead. Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate.)
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and swirl to coat the pan. (You can also use a grill pan.) Add the salmon patties and cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until opaque throughout and golden brown on the other side, about 3 minutes longer.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, if desired. Serve the salmon burgers on the toasted buns with the lettuce and Green Onion and Soy Sauce Mayonnaise.
How to cook Green Onion and Soy Sauce Mayonnaise
Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, including green tops, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, green onion, lemon juice and soy sauce until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
The Asian Salmon Burger recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Asian Salmon Burger serves/makes: 4 burgers
The Asian Salmon Burgers with Green Onion and Soy Sauce Mayonnaise recipe is adopted from Salmon: A Cookbook by Diane Morgan, E. Jane Armstrong.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
Cuisine: Other Asian
(more Other Asian