How to cook Asian Seared Mahi Mahi with Beet Red Kraut
- 4 fillets Mahi-Mahi (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil add more as needed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 finger fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (14 ounces) jar Cleveland Kraut Beet Red (Or your favorite variety)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon parsley or chives (or combination of both), chopped
- Place mahi-mahi in a shallow dish and set aside. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a measuring cup, add soy sauce, Sriracha, honey, garlic, and ginger. Whisk with a fork until combined. Pour marinade over fish fillets, making sure the entire fish has been marinated. Allow the mahi-mahi to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, lay 1 or 2 fillets at a time in the oil and allow the fish sear for 3-4 minutes until the bottoms are deeply golden.
- Flip fish carefully and sear the other side. Fish is done when you touch the fish and it feels firm but springs back. Fish should also flake when cut.
- Top seared mahi-mahi with Beet Red Kraut, sesame seeds, and herbs. Enjoy hot!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
Total time: 23 mins
Asian Seared Mahi Mahi with Beet Red Kraut is an elegant dinner, perfect for guests and goes on the table in under 15 minutes. That makes it perfect for a weeknight supper too!
This recipe for Asian Seared Mahi Mahi with Beet Red Kraut serves/makes: 4 servings
The Asian Seared Mahi Mahi with Beet Red Kraut recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed