How to cook Asparagus Crab Quiche
- 6 ounces crab meat flaked
- 3/4 lb Asparagus cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches) unbaked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 spears asparagus garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pie dish with pastry.
- Cook asparagus pieces in water until crisp-tender drain and place on pastry.
- Top with crab meat, then combined cheese and flour.
- Mix eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce pour over crab.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange spears, tips facing out, spoke fashion on top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
In French cuisine, a quiche is a baked dish that is based on a custard made from eggs and milk or cream in a pastry crust. Quiche is generally an open pie, but may include an arrangement of tomato slices or pastry off-cuts for a decorative finish.
This recipe for Asparagus Crab Quiche serves/makes: 6
The Asparagus Crab Quiche recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked