How to cook Athenian Shrimp in Tomato and Feta Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28-ounce canned tomatoes
- 1 can puree sauce, thick
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry wine or vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces Feta cheese, 1/4-inch cubes
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes with their puree, the tomato paste, tomato puree, wine, parsley, oregano and pepper. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Increase heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook just until the shrimp are firm and have turned pink, about 15 minutes. Stir in the Feta cheese and serve immediately.
The Athenian Shrimp in Tomato and Feta Sauce slow cooker recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Athenian Shrimp in Tomato and Feta Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Athenian Shrimp in Tomato and Feta Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered