4 - 6
How to cook Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch Catfish
- 4 to 6 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup yellow or white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, (optional)
- Peanut oil for deep frying
- Thoroughly mix cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and seafood seasoning in bowl.
- Dredge fillets in mixture to coat completely.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches peanut oil in large skillet to about 375°F (190°C).
- Drop 2 fillets at a time in hot oil.
- Fry fish until golden brown, 4 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness, or until cooked as desired.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the fried catfish fillets with a dipping sauce such as hot mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressing or lemon juice, if desired.
The Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch Catfish recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Variation: For fish fingers, cut each fillet into strips, then dredge in dry cornmeal mixture.
The Aunt Kizzy people point out that if the recipe is too spicy, it can be readjusted: Before frying all of your fish, test-fry a single piece and spice the dry ingredients up or down, according to your taste.
This recipe for Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch Catfish serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Aunt Kizzy's Back Porch Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried