How to cook Australian Coconut Shrimp Outback Steakhouse Style
- 12 jumbo shrimps
- 1 cup flat beer
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Marmalade Dipping Sauce (see the recipe below) to serve
Marmalade Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- For the batter: Use an electric mixer to combine the beer, flour, 1/2 cup coconut flakes, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Mix well, then cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Devein, if needed. Rinse well and drain thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- When the batter is ready, preheat oil in a deep pot or deep fryer to about 350°F (1800°C). Use enough oil to cover shrimp completely.
- Pour the remainder of the coconut into a shallow bowl.
- Be sure shrimp are dry before battering. Sprinkle each shrimp lightly with paprika before the next step.
- Dip one shrimp at a time into the batter, coating generously. Drop the battered shrimp into the coconut and roll it around so that it is well coated.
- Fry 4 shrimp at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp become golden brown. Flip shrimp halfway through.
- Drain on paper towels briefly before serving.
- Serve the deep fried coconut shrimp with marmalade sauce on the side.
- Dip in Marmalade Sauce and enjoy!
How to cook Marmalade Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard (with whole-grain mustard seed)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 dash salt (optional)
Combine all Ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
The Australian Coconut Shrimp Outback Steakhouse
Style recipe simple to cook and very tasty too!
These Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp and Dipping Sauce recipes are easy to make at home.
This recipe for Australian Coconut Shrimp Outback Steakhouse Style serves/makes: 4 servings
The Australian Coconut Shrimp Outback Steakhouse Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried