How to cook Australian Grilled Mahi-Mahi Steaks
- 4 mahi-mahi steaks (8-10 ounces and 1-inch thick each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, Cayenne pepper and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste.
- Marinate the Mahi-Mahi steaks in the marinade for 45-60 minutes.
- Turn the Mahi-Mahi steaks 2-3 times.
- Have the grill prepared with white coals and brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon oil.
- Grill the Mahi-Mahi steaks, brushing several times with the marinade, until cooked through and opaque in the center.
- Turn the Mahi-Mahi steaks after about 4-5 minutes.
- Total grilling time will depend on your grill and the heat of the coals.
- To broil instead, use a broiler pan brushed with oil and broil until center is opaque.
- Will take about 10 minutes total in broiler.
- Turn the Mahi-Mahi steaks after 5 minutes, and baste often with marinade.
If desired, use King fish, Redfish or any other beefy fish, instead of mahi-mahi
This recipe for Australian Grilled Mahi-Mahi Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Australian Grilled Mahi-Mahi Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled