How to cook Australian Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs
- 8 large green Moreton Bay bugs
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut soft shell covering away from the underside of bugs.
- Brush with combined butter, lime juice, garlic, dill and pepper.
- Barbecue or grill bugs until tender, brushing with butter mixture while cooking.
The Australian Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
The Moreton Bay bug (Thenus orientalis), also known as the Bay lobster, is a species of slipper lobster found throughout the waters of Australia's north coast.
If you don't have Moreton Bay bug you can use lobster
, redclaw, or marron in this recipe.
This recipe for Australian Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs serves/makes: 4
The Australian Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled