How to cook Australian Mahi-Mahi Kokoda
- 4 mahi-mahi (cod, halibut or any other white fish) fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Juice of 3 large limes
- 8 ounces Coconut cream
- 1 onion, very finely chopped or minced
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves to serve
- Cut the mahi-mahi fillets into bite-size pieces and place in a non-reactive mixing bowl together with the lime juice and salt. Mix well then cover with cling film, refrigerate and leave to marinate for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator, add the coconut cream, chopped onion, and chilli and mix well.
- Place the lettuce leaves on individual serving plates, top with the mahi-mahi fish mixture and garnish with the chopped tomatoes.
This recipe for Australian Mahi-Mahi Kokoda serves/makes: 4
The Australian Mahi-Mahi Kokoda recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked