How to cook Avocado-Tuna Salad
- 1 small can tuna, drained well
- 1 medium avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- Fluff tuna in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Puree avocado, olive oil, sour cream and lime with an immersion blender (or regular blender).
- Mix avocado puree with tuna, adding as much avocado as you like.
- Taste and season. Add enough red chili flakes if you like heat.
This Avocado-Tuna Salad
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
Avocado itself is oily and the salad has a firm texture, so no need to combine with any sauce.
Avocado should be ripe. Usually, unripe Avocados has the outside color of the skin green - ripe is brown. You can check the degree of ripeness by pressing gently on the skin. If you feel that is hard as stone, should lie at least a few days at room temperature to maturity.
Uses for this Avocado-Tuna Salad:
- Top jasmine rice for a comforting lunch
- Make sandwiches
- Serve alongside greens salad: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers
- Use as a dip with chips or fried tortillas
This recipe for Avocado-Tuna Salad serves/makes: 3/4 cup
The Avocado-Tuna Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Salad