How to cook BBQ Blue Mussels with Garlic Butter
- 1 pound fresh blue mussels
- 3 ounces butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- Scrub and debeard mussels.
- Heat BBQ plate.
- Place butter and garlic into a small saucepan. Sit saucepan on BBQ plate, melting butter gently.
- Place mussels onto hot grill. As each one opens, remove from grill and place into a bowl, to avoid over cooking.
- Add chives to the saucepan with butter and garlic.
- When all the mussels are open pour the butter mixture over the mussels in the bowl and toss welt with tongs.
- Serve with crusty bread.
The BBQ Blue Mussels with Garlic Butter recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Pipis, clams and cockles are also suitable for this recipe.
Flat leaf parsley, dill or other suitable herbs can be substituted for the chives.
This recipe for BBQ Blue Mussels with Garlic Butter serves/makes: 4
The BBQ Blue Mussels with Garlic Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Barbecue