12 prawn skewers
How to cook BBQ Prawns with Herb Marinade
- 12 medium green king prawns (shrimps)
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 (6-inch/15-cm) bamboo skewers
- Finely chop parsley and coriander together with garlic in a food processor.
- Add salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Thread each prawn onto a skewer so that it runs the full length of the prawn.
- Add prawns to half the marinade and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat barbecue to medium hot, oil lightly.
- Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side, turning when they become opaque.
- Serve the barbecued prawns with remaining marinade on the side.
The BBQ Prawns with Herb Marinade recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Prawns are certainly a big favourite with Australians and the herb marinade will make the dish even more popular.
This recipe for BBQ Prawns with Herb Marinade serves/makes: 12 prawn skewers
The BBQ Prawns with Herb Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue