How to cook BBQ Shrimp over Rice
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup unfiltered cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cracked or coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds extra-jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Stir together all ingredients (except shrimp, butter, and rice) in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (preferably large enough to hold the shrimp in a single layer) over high heat until very hot. Carefully pour the shrimp and sauce. (Watch out for spatters!) The liquid should boil and hiss.
- Cook, stirring well and scraping the sauce from the bottom of the skillet until the shrimp begin to turn pink and the sauce thickens, depending on the size of the shrimp, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the lemon juice and butter. Stir until the butter melts and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve immediately over plenty of hot rice to soak up the delicious sauce.
The BBQ Shrimp over Rice
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for BBQ Shrimp over Rice serves/makes: 6 servings
The BBQ Shrimp over Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered