How to cook BBQ Soft Shell Crab with Basil
- 12 soft shell crabs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low-fat margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) freshly minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons (105 mL) almond slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- Mix together margarine, olive oil, minced basil leaves, minced parsley and Cayenne pepper.
- Brush soft shell crabs with mixture.
- Transfer onto a medium-hot grill.
- Barbecue for about 3 minutes on each side, until soft shell crabs turn red and are thoroughly cooked.
- Brush soft shell crabs with butter sauce scatter top with almond slices.
- Garnish barbecued soft shell crab with fresh basil leaves.
This recipe for BBQ Soft Shell Crab with Basil serves/makes: 4
The BBQ Soft Shell Crab with Basil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Barbecue