How to cook BLAST Sandwich
- 4 sandwich rolls of any kind (I used Ciabatta rolls)
- 16-20 shrimp, thawed and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle marinade
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half (12 small strips)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 large leaves of lettuce
- For the Lime Infused Mayo:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juiced 1/4 lime
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Marinate shrimp with 2 tablespoons of Saucy Mama Lime Chipotle marinade. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- As shrimp are marinating in the fridge, slice and toast rolls. Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess grease.
- In a small bowl, squeeze lime juice into 4 tablespoons of mayo. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet on medium-high, cook shrimp until they turn opaque (approx. 2-3 minutes). Place cooked shrimp in a bowl.
- Slather mayo onto toasted rolls, assemble sandwiches with avocado slices, lettuce, 3 slices of bacon, 4-5 shrimp, and a slice of tomato.
- Serve and enjoy!
A BLAST Sandwich
or B.L.A.S.T. Sandwich
is is a Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato sandwich.
This BLAST Sandwich is extraordinarily delicious. Made with a delightful combination of juicy lime chipotle marinated shrimp, crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, ripe tomatoes, creamy avocado, and lime infused mayo slathered on a toasted, chewy ciabatta roll. That’s quite a tasty mouthful! And very easy to make.
This recipe for BLAST Sandwich serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The BLAST Sandwich recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Sandwich