How to cook Baby Hake with Carrots
- 2 small headless and tailless carcass of baby hake (or any not too oily sea fish), cut into half
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- Sea salt to taste
- Green onions to garnish
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- Spread the onion rings over the bottom of a saucepan.
- Lay the fish pieces on top.
- Grate carrots on a medium grater and spread over the fish.
- Season with salt and pour in enough water to cover the carrots.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with steamed plain rice or mashed potatoes.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
The Baby Hake with Carrots is easy, simple and healthy recipe.
This recipe for Baby Hake with Carrots serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baby Hake with Carrots recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew