How to cook Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero (Cod with Garlic)
- 1 pound flaked cod
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and in thin slices
- 2 sweet red peppers, in strips
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Stir fry the onion 2 minutes, add the potatoes and stir fry 10 minutes more, stir often.
- In a separate pan, stir fry the peppers for 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and fry 3 minutes more. Add this mixture to the potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir fry the garlic 3 minutes, add the cod and fry 5 minutes more.
- Put the cod fish into an earthenware dish and spoon the vegetable mixture on top.
- Bake 10 minutes in the oven at 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero (Cod with Garlic) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero
- A recipe which remains unchanged from times when mules were used in Spain to carry seafood from the coasts. Prepared with lots of garlic and tomatoes, this dish was served up in the ancient equivalent of truck stops.
You can use the same method for vegetables like cauliflower.
This recipe for Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero (Cod with Garlic) serves/makes: 4
The Bacalao Al Ajo Arriero (Cod with Garlic) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked