How to cook Bacon-Grilled Red Snapper Fillets
- 4 red snapper fillets (6-8 ounces and 1-inch thick each)
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 large Vidalia (or other sweet onion), sliced into rings
- 1 dash soy sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Open fish basket and line one side with strips of bacon, leaving a 1/2 inch space between slices.
- Cover the layer of bacon with a layer of onion rings.
- Place the red snapper fillets on top of the onion. Cover red snapper fillets with more onion, then strips of bacon over the onion.
- Close the basket, and lightly sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Place the basket on the hot grill, and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the bacon is just cooked through.
- Remove from grill and open the basket.
- Place a similarly-sized plate upside down onto the food, and flip the basket and plate over so that the food is on top of the plate. Lift off the basket, and serve.
The Bacon-Grilled Red Snapper Fillets is a very affordable dish. Simple, easy, and delicious.
This recipe for Bacon-Grilled Red Snapper Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Bacon-Grilled Red Snapper Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled