How to cook Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 30 large peeled shrimps (I used frozen cooked)
- 15 bacon thin strips, halved crosswise
- For Spicy Tomato Sauce:
- 1/2 can (14-ounces) diced tomatoes in their own juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons Tabasco pepper sauce (or to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- To prepare the spicy tomato sauce, put the canned tomatoes with juice in a saucepan.
- Add the chopped garlic, sugar and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and puree the sauce. (I used my immersion blender, but you can also transfer the sauce to a blender to blend it until smooth.)
- Add salt and lime juice. Tix thoroughly and heat up again. Let cool.
- Each shrimp wrap with bacon.
- For frozen cooked shrimp, fry over high heat on a greased frying pan until cooked on both sides, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- For raw shrimp – over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve the bacon wrapped shrimp hot with spicy tomato sauce and lime wedges.
The Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
with Spicy Tomato Sauce recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
The Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed