10 - 12
How to cook Bagna Cauda - Anchovy and Garlic Dip
- 2 (2 ounces) cans anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Mix in anchovy filets and heavy cream. Saute and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- Return the mixture to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- Serve hot as dip.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread, raw cabbage wedges, lettuce, bread sticks or crackers.
The Bagna Cauda - Anchovy and Garlic Dip is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
An Italian favorite, Bagna Cauda
is a warm dip served with fresh vegetables as an appetizer. Literally translated from Piedmontese dialect, it means "warm sauce". Bagna Cauda
is usually served with cardoons, fennel, peppers, celery and carrots, much like Pinzimonio.
This recipe for Bagna Cauda - Anchovy and Garlic Dip serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Bagna Cauda - Anchovy and Garlic Dip recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Appetizer