6 - 8
How to cook Bahamas Crusted Tuna with Papaya Cream
- 3 tuna fillets (about 8-10 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Oil for frying
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mashed papaya (from 1 large)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Whisk cup oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and sesame oil in 8x8x2-inch glass dish to blend. Add the tuna fillets and turn to coat. Chill overnight.
- Whisk cream and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice in bowl until peaks form, fold in mashed papaya. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
- Heat heavy large skillet over high heat, brush with olive oil. Remove fish from marinade, add to skillet, and sear until dark brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to work surface.
- Place sesame seeds in small bowl. Cut each tuna fillet into 3/4-inch cubes. Spear each cube with toothpick and dip into sesame seeds. Place cubes and bowl of papaya cream on tray and serve.
The Bahamas Crusted Tuna with Papaya Cream recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Bahamas Crusted Tuna with Papaya Cream serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Bahamas Crusted Tuna with Papaya Cream recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - May 2006.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed