How to cook Baked Arctic Char with Wine Sauce
- 4 whole Arctic char, about 3/4 to 1 pound
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 leek, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- 2 ounces butter from freezer grated on medium grater
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Black and white pepper to taste
- Finely chopped greens to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Gut the fish, cut off the heads and tails. Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt inside the fish. (Don’t use salt too much, because latter we’ll add soy sauce.) Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Lay the fish in a deep baking dish, sprinkle with sliced leeks and grade pepper. Arrange the cherry halves over the fish. Then sprinkle with the butter flakes.
- Whisk together wine, soy sauce and honey until smooth; pour over the fish.
- Bake in a preheated to 355°F (180 °C) oven for about 20-25 minutes, basting occasionally with wine sauce.
- Remove the fish from the oven, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the baked Arctic char with chopped greens, garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
The Baked Arctic Char
with Wine Sauce recipe is very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Baked Arctic Char with Wine Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Arctic Char with Wine Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Baked