How to cook Baked Bhetki in a Parcel
- 2 pounds boneless beckti (bhetki or Koral in Bangladeshi stores) fish, cut into chunks or fillets
- Banana leaves or aluminum foil
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Shredded garden herbs (to garnish) Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper Topping:
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and rub over the bhetki fish.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Place the marinated bhetki fish on banana leaves or aluminum foil, spooning over juices. Mix all ingredients for the topping and spoon on top of fish.
- Tie the banana leaves over the fish with a string. If using aluminum foil, seal and fold the edges together.
- Bake in an oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with sesame seeds and shredded garden herbs, spooned over.
If beckti (bhetki or Koral in Bangladeshi stores) fish is not available, substitute with fresh red snapper fillets.
This recipe for Baked Bhetki in a Parcel serves/makes: 6
The Baked Bhetki in a Parcel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked