8 - 10
How to cook Baked Bluefish with Cucumber Sauce
- 1 whole bluefish, about 4 to 5 pounds, cleaned and split
- 3 strips bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
Sour Cream Cucumber Sauce Ingredients:
- Place bluefish on an oiled baking sheet, skin side down.
- Cover with bacon strips.
- Bake until bluefish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve the Baked Bluefish with lemon wedges and Sour Cream Cucumber Sauce.
How to cook Sour Cream Cucumber Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion, tops only
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash ground cayenne pepper
Makes about 1 cup
- Combine all ingredients chill.
- Serve with cooked fish or salmon patties.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
This recipe for Baked Bluefish with Cucumber Sauce serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Baked Bluefish with Cucumber Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked