How to cook Baked Bluefish with Olives and Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds bluefish or mackerel fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 3 medium-size fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped OR 1 can (1 pound) drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion, olives, and green pepper, and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes longer. Add the wine, tomato paste, salt, and black pepper, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the sauce is done, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the bluefish fillets in an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking dish, and spoon the sauce over them.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or longer, depending on the thickness of the fish. When the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, it is done.
The Baked Bluefish with Olives and Tomatoes recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Bluefish with Olives and Tomatoes serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Bluefish with Olives and Tomatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked