How to cook Baked Branzino with Roasted Vegetables
- 3 whole branzino (Mediterranean seabass), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 1 lemon, cut into 8-9 wedges
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 handful purple basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini
- 8-10 cherry or small tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Clean branzino, gut, remove the gills and rinse thoroughly. Pat dry. Make several diagonal slashes on each side of a cleaned fish, maybe every inch or so.
- Rub the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Peel garlic and slice. Cut lemon into 8-9 wedges. Remove the rosemary leaves from the woody stems.
- Wrap 2-3 leaves of rosemary and 1 garlic slice with a basil leaf. Put the wrapped basil leaves in each slashes of fish.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices (if you use cherry cut them in half or even leave a whole). Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch thick slices. Saute zucchini and tomatoes in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cover a baking sheet with foil or baking paper.
- Place the roasted vegetables on the sides of the baking sheet. Place the renaming rosemary and couple of lemon wedges in the abdominal cavity of each fish; drizzle top with olive oil. Place the fish in the middle of the baking sheet.
- Put the remaining lemon wedges between the fish and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Branzino hot with Roasted Vegetables and lemon wedges.
- It goes well with white wine.
The Baked Branzino with Roasted Vegetables
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Branzino with Roasted Vegetables serves/makes: 3 servings
The Baked Branzino with Roasted Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked