How to cook Baked Bream Lisbon Style
- 3 pounds (1 1/2 kg) gilt-head bream (dourada}, cleaned
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 7 tablespoons (100 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 ounces (60 g) chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 pint (200 ml) dry white wine
- 2 ounces (60 g) butter
- Peel, seed and chop the tomatoes.
- Pour half the olive oil into an ovenproof serving dish and add half the chopped tomatoes, half the parsley and half the onions. Put in the bream, season it with salt and pepper and cover it with the remaining oil, tomatoes, parsley and onions.
- Pour the wine into the dish, without pouring it over the fish itself.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 45 minutes, basting frequently.
- Remove the dish from the oven, transfer the sauce to a saucepan, bring it to the boil and mix in the flour, which you have worked into a knob of the butter.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and add the rest of the butter. Rectify the seasoning, pour the sauce over the fish, put the dish in the oven for a few minutes.
- Serve the Baked Bream Lisbon Style very hot.
The Portuguese name of this recipe is Dourada Assada a Lisboeta
This recipe for Baked Bream Lisbon Style serves/makes: 6
The Baked Bream Lisbon Style Recipe adopted from the book North Atlantic Seafood.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked