How to cook Baked Bream with Honey and Almonds
- 2 whole breams, about 1/2 pound each
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 shallots
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon almonds (slivered or thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Clean and scale the fish, wash thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Make several cuts into the flesh on each side of the fish - this will let the marinade get right in.
- Melt a little butter or margarine in a pan and fry the almond slivers over a medium heat. Keep tossing the almonds and as soon as they turn brown, remove them from the pan. It is necessary to watch them carefully as they will burn very quickly and easily and if that happens toss them away and start again - burnt almonds do not taste good.
- Mix the honey, grated ginger, lemon juice and soy sauce in a saucepan and gently heat just enough to turn the honey into liquid.
- Using the pan in which the almonds were cooked, add a little more butter if necessary, cook the finely chopped shallots - just for a minute to soften them. Add to the honey and soy mixture.
- Place the bream into a shallow dish and pour the marinade (the honey, soy, ginger mixture) over the fish and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rub some butter over pieces of aluminum foil large enough to completely wrap each fish. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the bream and put some inside the cavity, pour over some more of the marinade. Wrap each bream securely and put into a 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 minutes.
The Baked Bream with Honey and Almonds recipe very easy to prepare and so good! The almonds and honey give it a wonderful taste and the ginger and shallots are very subtle and not overpowering.
This recipe for Baked Bream with Honey and Almonds serves/makes: 2
The Baked Bream with Honey and Almonds recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked