How to cook Baked Bream with Tomatoes and Potatoes
- 3 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 3/4 pound each
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into half rings
- 2 large red tomatoes, peeled and cut into half rings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, cut into half rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil and place the sliced potatoes in a single layer and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- While the potatoes is baked, heat olive oil in a frying pan. Saute onion and garlic until golden, season with salt and pepper, then add the tomatoes. Simmer until tender.
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Place lemon slices and rosemary in cavity.
- Power the tomato mixture over the potatoes then place the fish. Brush the fish with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C).
- After 15 minutes, turn the fish. After another 15 minutes, switch to the broiler and allow enough time to golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve the Baked Bream with Tomatoes and Potatoes hot with lemon wedges.
The Baked Bream with Tomatoes and Potatoes
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Bream with Tomatoes and Potatoes serves/makes: 3 servings
The Baked Bream with Tomatoes and Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked