How to cook Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia
- 2 fresh tilapia fillets (about 8 ounces each), if using frozen, make sure fillets are fully thawed before cooking)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- A few dashes cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Cilantro and Lime Rice to serve (see the recipe below)
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa to serve (see the recipe below)
Cilantro and Lime Rice Ingredients:
- Cover a baking dish with foil, then lightly coat with olive oil. Turn broiler on to high setting or at 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper evenly on top of the tilapia filets. I usually sprinkle just a little bit in the pan as well. Next add lime zest and coat with lime juice.
- Bake fillets for 5 to 7 minutes or until top of the fillets get flakey.
- Serve the Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia on a bed of Cilantro and Lime Rice and top with Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
How to cook Cilantro and Lime Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Zest from one lime
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- Add olive oil to a medium sized sauce pan and heat on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and garlic to pan and saute on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring chicken broth to a rolling boil in a small sauce pan. Add lime juice, and salt.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth into the rice.
- Stir ingredients together and cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Stir rice occasionally and add a bit of water if it looks dry. Once your rice is fully cooking, stir in chopped cilantro and lime zest.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro and a lime wedge and serve.
How to cook Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup finely diced and seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Drain corn and black beans and add to a large bowl. Add all other chopped vegetables except avocado.
- Add avocado and squeeze lime juice on top. (If you put your lime in the microwave for about 15 seconds first you’ll get a lot more juice.)
- Slowly stir all ingredients together. Add taco seasoning and stir again until ingredients are evenly coated.
- Serve with tortilla chips or you can add it on top of chicken or fish like Cajun lime tilapia.
The Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Baked