4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Carp Old-Russian Style
- 2 whole carp (about 2 1/2 - 3 pounds total weigh)
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces flour
- 2 middle size onions
- 3 ounces butter
- 1/4 cup fish broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces hard cheese (Parmesan or Gruyere)
- Peel the potatoes, wash and put in a pot, fill with water. Add salt and a bay leaf and boil until completely cooked.
- Carefully scale and clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off the fins and head. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels and cut into pieces.
- Season the fish pieces with salt, roll in flour.
- Heat the pan, add the olive oil and fry the fish over high heat on both sides, without the lid cover.
- Place cooked potatoes in a baking dish and mash with a fork with a small amount of water (in which they was cooked). Top with the fried fish.
- Onion peel, cut into rings and fry in butter until golden brown. Lay over with the fish.
- Brown flour on a dry frying pan.Add melted butter and fish broth (can be replaced by water), simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped dill and squeeze garlic using a garlic press. Simmer another 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, top with grated cheese. Place the dish in a preheated oven to 355°F (180°C) and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Carp Old-Russian Style hot.
The Baked Carp Old-Russian Style
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Carp Old-Russian Style serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Carp Old-Russian Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked