How to cook Baked Clam Appetizer
- 1 cup minced fresh clams OR 1 (7 1/2 ounces) can minced clams
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons scallions, including tender greens, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons common cracker crumbs
- 1/2 hard-boiled egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the clams and set aside on a paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the scallions, parsley, capers, and mushrooms over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and stir in the lemon juice and the cracker crumbs.
- Mash the egg half, both the white and the yolk, and stir it into the sauté mixture along with the clams.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly grease 4 scallop shells, and fill with the clam mixture.
- Heat for 4 or 5 minutes in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven, and serve immediately.
The Baked Clam Appetizer recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Baked Clam Appetizer serves/makes: 4
The Baked Clam Appetizer recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Appetizer