How to cook Baked Cod Fillets with Tomatoes and Cheese
- 1 3/4 pounds cod fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed, salt water fish fillets), cut into serving size
- 3-4 large roma tomatoes, cut into rings
- 1/2 pound mozzarella (I used Georgian soft cheese - "suluguni"), shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the fish fillets with garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the half of tomato rings on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place on top the fish pieces and let stand for 5-7 minutes.
- Lay the remaining tomato rings and bake into a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and spread evenly with shredded cheese on top.
- Then broil about 4-inch from heat until cheese melts and becomes nicely brown in color.
- Serve immediately.
The Baked Cod Fillets with Tomatoes and Cheese
is quick, trouble-free and delicious combination of tomatoes, mozzarella and baked fish.
This recipe for Baked Cod Fillets with Tomatoes and Cheese serves/makes: 6 servings
The Baked Cod Fillets with Tomatoes and Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked