How to cook Baked Cod and Clams
- 1 1/2 cups (680 g) cod or trout pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) clams or crab meat
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) minced onions
- 6 cups (1.5 L) boiled potatoes, sliced
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) white sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 g) grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter.
- Brown minced onions in melted butter set aside.
- Into a 4-inch (10-cm) deep oven-safe dish, layer:
- 1 cup (250 mL) browned minced onions
- 3 cups (750 mL) potato slices
- cod or trout pieces
- remaining 1 cup (250 mL) browned minced onions
- remaining 3 cups (750 mL) potato slices
- crab meat or clams
- parsley, salt and pepper
- white sauce
- grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Bake into a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 30 to 40 minutes, according to the thickeness of the fish pieces.
This recipe for Baked Cod and Clams serves/makes: 4
The Baked Cod and Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked