4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Cod in Tomato Feta Sauce
- 1 3/4 pounds cod fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed, salt water fish fillets), cut into serving size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 2 cans (14-ounces each) diced tomatoes in their own juice
- 2 ounces feta
- A handful of basil leaves
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the fish pieces in a baking dish in a single layer and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder and oregano, stir fry 1 minute more.
- Pour wine and simmer until the smell of alcohol has disappeared, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mashed tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat, without a lid, until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Then add the crumbled feta and chopped basil. Season with salt and stir.
- Pour the tomato feta sauce over the cod fillets and bake into a preheated 390°F (200°C) oven until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Cod in Tomato Feta Sauce hot with toasted crusty bread and/or steamed rice.
The Baked Cod in Tomato Feta Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Baked Cod in Tomato Feta Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Cod in Tomato Feta Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked