How to cook Baked Cod with Herbs
- 1 1/2 pounds (3/4 kg) cod center cut
- Fresh parsley, chives, fennel and burnet (salad burnet) - or three of the four
- 3-4 tablespoons dry white wine or dry cider
- 1 ounce (30 g) butter, softened
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Prepare the piece of cod by making deep diagonal incisions in it, starting from the middle of the side and cutting outwards.
- Wash the herbs and chop them finely, then work them and the seasoning into the softened butter.
- Stuff this prepared butter into the cuts which you have made in the cod.
- Place the cod on a piece of buttered cooking parchment or aluminum foil, pour the white wine or cider over it and close it up into a packet.
- Bake in a slow oven 290°F / 145°C (gas 1) for 45 or 50 minutes.
- To serve the baked cod, put it on a warm platter, pour the cooking juices over it, add a little freshly chopped parsley as garnish and surround it with boiled or (better) steamed potatoes.
The French name of this recipe is Cabillaud aux Fines Herbes
The Baked Cod with Herbs (Cabillaud aux Fines Herbes) recipe from Normandy is simple and gives a good taste to the cod.
This recipe for Baked Cod with Herbs serves/makes: 4
The Baked Cod with Herbs Recipe adopted from the book North Atlantic Seafood.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked