24 crab rangoon
How to cook Baked Crab Rangoon
- 1/2 pound crab meat sticks (surimi) or crab meat, flaked
- Olive oil
- 1 (8 ounces) package of light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped (remove seeds and ribs for a milder taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), line a baking sheet with foil, and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine crab meat, cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onion, jalapeno, garlic, soy sauce, and ginger. Stir until completely mixed.
- Whisk together egg and water. Using your finger, dip into the egg wash and run a line around all of the top edges of a wonton.
- Place a spoonful of the cream crab-cheese mixture into the center of the wonton. Pinch together two opposing corners. Fold up the remaining two sides and pinch together with your fingers, sealing up any gaps.
- Place finished wonton on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place wontons in the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- When finished baking, remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Serve the Baked Crab Rangoon with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
The Baked Crab Rangoon
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
are deep fried dumplings served in American Chinese, and more recently, Thai restaurants, stuffed with a combination of cream cheese, lightly flaked crab meat (more commonly, canned crab meat or imitation crab meat), with scallions and/or garlic. These fillings are then wrapped in Chinese wonton wrappers in a triangular or flower shape, then deep fried in vegetable oil.
Baked Crab Rangoon is a healthier version of the usual Crab Rangoo without the extra fat from the fried or deep fried.
This recipe for Baked Crab Rangoon serves/makes: 24 crab rangoon
The Baked Crab Rangoon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked