How to cook Baked Crab with Asparagus
- 8 ounces (227 g) fresh or thawed and drained frozen crab meat
- 8 ounces (227 g) thawed frozen crab meat pollock, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
- 10 ounces (284 g) frozen asparagus chunks
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) minced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) toasted almonds, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil asparagus according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Into a medium-size casserole, melt margarine brown mushrooms and onion, until soft.
- Mix in cornstarch, salt, nutmeg and pepper pour in milk, all at once.
- Cook, stiring constantly, until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cook for 1 minute more stir in crab meat, pollock and reserved asparagus chunks.
- Pour mixture into 4 individual dishes.
- Into a bowl, mix together minced almonds and grated cheese sprinkle crab mixture with almonds/cheese mixture.
- Bake into preheated oven for 10 minutes, until really hot.
This recipe for Baked Crab with Asparagus serves/makes: 4
The Baked Crab with Asparagus recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked