4 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Crucian Carp in Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 pounds small whole crucian carp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 onions, cut into medium-thick rings
- Butter for greasing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. (The important thing is to remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.)
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a sharp knife, make several cross slits on both sides, maybe every 1/4-inch or so.
- Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Mix sour cream with chopped greens. Season a little with salt and pepper.
- Grease generously a baking dish with butter.
- Place on the bottom the onion rings in even layer.
- Put the fish in a bowl with the sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Lay the fish on onions in a single layer.
- Place the dish in a preheated oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake until light golden.
- Remove the dish and baste the fish with sauce from baking dish.
- Put the fish back to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Crucian Carp in Sour Cream hot with boiled potatoes and pickled cucumber.
The Baked Crucian Carp in Sour Cream
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Crucian Carp in Sour Cream serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Baked Crucian Carp in Sour Cream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked