How to cook Baked Dourada Provencal
- 2 whole dourada (sea bream), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 1/2 pound red bell pepper, seedless and cut into strips
- 1/2 pound red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, cut into rings
- 1 lemon, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs basil
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off fins and head.. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Put in a couple of lemon rings, 1 sprig of basil and 1 sprig of parsley in cavity of each fish.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of a baking dish covered with baking paper. Lay on top the fish.
- Arrange the pepper strips, onion and tomato rings around the fish. Drizzle the fish with remaining olive oil and wine. Season the fish and vegetables with salt.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and cover the dish with foil. Bake in preheated to 360°F (180°C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 7-10 minutes. (If you have smaller fish, the cooking time must be reduced.)
- Serve the Baked Dourada Provencal hot with easy side dish.
The Baked Dourada Provencal
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Baked Dourada Provencal serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Dourada Provencal recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked