4 fish cakes
How to cook Baked Fish Cakes
- 2 cups cooked fish, flaked
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a brush or your finger to spread butter into 4 circles on parchment - each circle about 4 inches across.
- In a bowl, mix flaked fish with bread crumbs. In a separate container, mix together mustard, zest, green onions and egg.
- Add to fish mixture and lightly mix until combined, without breaking fish into smaller pieces.
- Using a 1/2 cup measure, shape fish mixture into patties about 3 to 4 inches across and 1/2 inch thick and place on buttered circles.
- Refrigerate completed patties for one hour or up to 24 hours until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake fish cakes 15 minutes, carefully flip with spatula, and bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve the Baked Fish Cakes immediately, either with sauce of your choice or on a bun with condiments.
The Baked Fish Cakes recipe very easy to cook and so good!
To make crunchy fish cakes, coat patties with freshly-ground bread crumbs on all sides. Refrigerate no more than 2 hours before baking - do not cover breaded cakes in refrigerator. It may take an extra 5 minutes or so of baking to crisp completely.
This recipe for Baked Fish Cakes serves/makes: 4 fish cakes
The Baked Fish Cakes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked