5 - 6 servings
How to cook Baked Fish (Swai) Casserole
- 2 pounds swai (striped pangasius, iridescent shark) fillets, towed if frozen
- 5 eggs
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Flour for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt, pepper, and spices to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for decoration
- Rinse the swai fillets under running cold water, pat dry with paper towels, and cut into serving pieces.
- Dust each fillet with the flour and shake off any excess.
- Fry them in olive oil until half-done and golden brown on both sides.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and place on top half-done fillets, leaving a little space between each piece.
- Sprinkle the grated carrot and diced onion on top of fish.
- Make a mixture by whisking together the eggs, sour cream, flour, salt, pepper, and your favorite fish spices.
- Pour carefully this mixture over each fillet.
- Place the baking dish in an oven preheated to 320°F (160°C) for 30 minutes.
- Tip: if the top of the fish casserole is already nice and golden brown, cover it with aluminum foil until done.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
The Baked Fish (Swai) Casserole
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Fish (Swai) Casserole serves/makes: 5 - 6 servings
The Baked Fish (Swai) Casserole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked