How to cook Baked Flounder with Mushrooms and Wine
- 4 flounder (sole or other firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced leeks
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange the flounder fillets in ungreased 8-inch square. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and leeks in butter, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender. Stir in wine.
- Pour mushroom mixture over fish. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve the Baked Flounder with Mushrooms and Wine with hot steamed white rice, if desired.
The Baked Flounder with Mushrooms and Wine recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Baked Flounder with Mushrooms and Wine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Flounder with Mushrooms and Wine recipe is adopted from the Betty Crocker's Big Red Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked