How to cook Baked Flounder with Vegetables
- 4 whole flounder (plaice), about 8-10 ounces each
- 1 zucchini or young squash, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onions, cut into thin rings, then cut them into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or mayonnaise)
- Salt and seasoning for fish to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Scored a dark skin of flounder. Cut the head and guts at once and then cut off tail and fins around the fish. (It is very convenient to do it with kitchen scissors.)
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut each fish in half and rub them salt and seasoning for fish. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Lay the fish pieces on a baking sheet, greased with olive oil. Sprinkle the diced tomatoes and sliced onion on top of fish.
- Grease each side of the zucchini slices with sour cream or mayonnaise and lay on top of your dish. Season lightly with salt.
- Then bake in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the baked flounder with vegetables to dinner plates and serve right away.
The Baked Flounder
with Vegetables is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Baked Flounder with Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Baked Flounder with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked